15.8.10

Moving along

Just finished work on the EP version of Backing Out, the only song that anyone knows the lyrics too. There have been many changes to the song since the days of Edmonds 819 - the tempo is faster, the recording quality is leaps and bounds better, the bridge is much better, and all the guitar parts are doubled and panned hard left/right. Most importantly though, I've added a ridiculously cheesy intro with ambient rain sounds, violin, and cello. It's epic.

Also wanted to point out that I absolutely love MIDI. With my MIDI keyboard alone I have access to hundreds of really interesting sounds... so sit tight. I'm sure there will be more MIDI awesomeness to come.

Today I start work on what I'm still referring to as The Concerto of Impending Doom (because it doesn't have lyrics yet). Usually what takes the longest is recording the drums; while the drums in this song aren't too complex, making them interesting is going to be hard given the fast tempo of the song. We'll see what I can do!

Anyway, I'm off to set up the equipment and start over again. Later kids.

-Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment