27.8.10

Back on the saddle again...

Quick update.

Not much new has happened but after giving up on Bonfire for a while I started working on it again yesterday. Originally the bridge part was a little confusing because I couldn't get the timing right with the click track, which led me to believe there was an extra beat or a beat missing or something. After carefully writing out the notes in "musical notation" (I use that term loosely) I realized it was actually in standard 4/4 but I was playing it too fast. So now that I've figured this out I'm taking another shot at the song.

The revised, slower bridge is cool because it sounds heavy as shit and also allows me to pretend like I'm soloing faster just because I can fit more notes in due to the slower tempo. Every musician has a trick up his sleeve and that's mine!

Also, I've been working a lot on my drum technique and for this song I've been coming up with pretty decent fills, so when the song comes out, keep an (ear?) out for them.

-Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment